Press covering show’s expansion to an hour weekly, as well as the 2011 Talking Animals Festival.
- Tampa Tribune’s Curtis Ross Blog Post About Show Going Weekly –Jan. 5, 2011
- Tampa Tribune’s Curtis Ross Blog Post About Festival’s Band Line-Up Announced –Feb. 24, 2011
- “Up Close”– On Tampa’s PBS Station, WEDU –30-Minute Program On The Radio Show, The Festival, etc.
- St. Petersburg Times’ Stephanie Hayes Feature On Tampa Pet Events/Talking Animals –March 31, 2011
- Creative Loafing spotlighted the Festival in its Do It Section –March 31, 2011-But There’s No Active Link To That Piece
- St. Petersburg Times’ Carole Liporato’s Blog Post About The Festival Bands And Music –March 31, 2011
- Tampa Tribune’s Staff Report About 2011 Talking Animals Festival –April 1, 2011
Press covering recent guest Joan Jett as well as the Talking Animals Festival.
- Tampa Tribune’s Curtis Ross’ Blog Post about Joan Jett: [pdf]
- Mitch Perry’s Creative Loafing cover story that included “Talking Animals” and the Festival: [pdf]
- Dalia Colon’s feature on The Talking Animals Festival & the radio show, which ran in The St. Petersburg Times: [pdf]
- Curtis Ross’ advance in The Tampa Tribune’s about The Talking Animals Festival and “Talking Animals”: [pdf]
Want to talk to Nellie McKay about animals? (From the Tampa Bay Times “SOUNDCHECK” Tampa local music guide)
Ah, Nellie McKay. How can you not love an over-the-top quirky jazz-pop-cabaret pianist who sings songs about having her very own clone?
McKay releases her latest album, Normal As Blueberry Pie: A Tribute To Doris Day, this week. And sadly, as expected, she’s not touring anywhere near Tampa Bay in support of it.
But she WILL be checking in with a Tampa Bay institution this week.
On Wednesday morning, McKay will return as a guest on Talking Animals, the pet show on WMNF-88.5. Apparently she’s a friend of the show — and she’s not the only prominent musician who is.
Longtime host Duncan Strauss has interviewed a number of cool musicians on the program to talk about their animal causes — Chrissie Hynde, Moby, Kinky Friedman, Emmylou Harris, Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull and John Doe of X, to name a few.
Talking Animals: Connecting Tampa Bay music fans with their heroes since 2005. Who knew?
Click here for details. And click here to listen to the show from 11:30 a.m. to noon on Wednesday.
— Jay Cridlin, tbt*
Original story: Want to talk about animals with Nellie McKay?
Duncan on Media Talk
TNT’s Ringling Reality Series: Sickest Show On Earth?
I read with great interest — and greater horror — that one component of TNT’s new plan to expand the network’s slate of original programming is an unscripted series set aboard the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus train that transports the performers and animals from show to show.
That sound you’re hearing may be the bottom of the barrel scraping — or it could be the moaning of an elephant being abused. MORE->
You can read Duncan’s commentary in Huffington Post (posted on April 11, 2008) on TNT’s plans for a reality series on Ringling Bros and the circus train here!
Special to the Palm Beach Post
Here’s Duncan’s Op-Ed piece on Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus that The Palm Beach Post published on December 23, 2007 on the front page of their Opinion section — For the love of animals, avoid the circus – Read editorial here.